Twenty-sixteen is coming to an end, thankfully! It hasn’t been a great year; many icons have passed on, tragedies have happened around the world and many other unexpected political moves around the world have scarred us. You can’t say 2016 has been a great year. But amid all the tragedies there have been some amazing things that have happened in Pakistan.
Here are nine amazing things that have happened in Pakistan;
1. Ahmed Mujtaba an undefeated fighter fought in Asia’s biggest MMA platform, and won!
2. A chai-wala gained international fame because of one picture… and his good looks
3. We got our first transgender model
4. Our first ever international boxing champion Muhammad Waseem defended his belt
5. Pakistan’s first ever online movie is being made
6. We became the number one Test team
7. Three-time Grammy nominee, Diplo, came and performed in Pakistan
8. Pakistan passed its first anti-honour killing and anti-rape bills
9. Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy won her second Oscar for Pakistan
Well done, Pakistan. Whatever the case may be, you have done well for yourself.